Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cool-haired Wyatt

So if I am going to print this, I should add some posts or it is going to be a really short book!


A few days ago, Wyatt was walking around the house looking depressed. When I asked him why he was so sad he explained that his hair looked stupid. I told him he looked cute and that he reminded me of a missionary. He did NOT like that. I tried to ignore him, but just didn't have the heart to send him to school with "stupid hair". So I sat him on the counter and gave him his bro-hawk back. He is well known for his pointy spikes and people go out of their way to comment on his cool hair and touch it. But really, who knew a 5 year old could be so vain!

Wyatt is a funny kid. He brings a lot of life into this house. He is full of laughter and inappropriate words. He likes to dance on the wilder side of life and questions us constantly about our parenting style. He often will try to coax us to "live a little" but Barret quickly brings him back to the straight and narrow. There is NEVER a Sunday that Wyatt will not ask if we can go out to eat. I am not sure if he is hungry or wants to see how CRAZY he can make his brother with one simple question. He gets into a bit of trouble with his teachers at church and at school. Recently a list of "can nots" came home from school. They are no longer allowed to pretend fight. Which happens to be the only thing Wyatt knows how to play. The note had about 8 bullets of all the different pretend fighting that was outlawed but the last one said "no snobbing of the head or rolling of the eyes". As I read the list off to him, I realized why they added the last bullet. They could have just put Wyatt's disgusted face on bullet #8. Life would be a little boring without "W" around. I sure do love this little guy!

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute...and I love his "Cool Hair". Nick is also very vain when it comes to his hair, and he is also really good at rolling his eyes;)

    ReplyDelete