Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Taylor

Taylor is 12! I have a 12 year old? Impossible, obviously I am too young.
My sweet baby girl is growing up! Good-bye frilly dresses, matching bows, and littlest pet shop and hello high heels, mascara and cell phones. She is so excited to be 12 and to be in Young Women's at church. For her birthday, we went shopping at Charming Charlies to get a new outfit and accessories and then out to lunch. Instead of a party this year, she got a lap top. Wondering why a 12 year old needs a laptop? Here is what I have found: spider solitaire, signed up for face book, spider solitaire, checks email consisting of random pictures of cats making funny faces, and spider solitaire. Pretty exciting stuff! I now see why she begged her dad for so long and explained daily how badly she NEEDED it.
Clearly it was a need.
What would I do without this girl? She is so sweet and so beautiful. She has a contagious laugh and the cutest freckles. She is the kind of person I want to be. She is helpful, responsible, and loving. She is a little sneaky...she can push Barret's buttons so quietly that I almost think she didn't do anything to cause the wailing and gnashing of teeth in the back of the car. That takes skills! She is an A student and chooses the right daily. If I had every 12 year old in the world to pick from...I would choose Taylor Ann every time!

3 comments:

  1. We love you Taylor....and miss you so much. We hope your "12" Birthday was everything you thought it would be. Welcome to YW, you will love it.
    Ginger...Taylor is so sweet, you do have a great girl there, she has always been like a niece to us, we are proud of her, and love her very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ginger! I found your blog through Amanda Gibson's facebook page! I personally can't believe you have a 12 year old myself! My oldest is almost 11 and it's killing me. We really are too young for them to be approaching teenage years.

    love your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever get sick of her, send her our way. The girls already think of her as the third sister. She is going to be a looker so I will warn you. Hopefully she will take after Morgan and you won't have to worry for a long time!

    ReplyDelete