Thursday, March 4, 2010

Newest Additions to the House

We have lived in this house for about a year and a half and I love it just as much as the day I moved in. It is so nice not to be under construction. At the old house, "projects" would include living with plastic walls for months on end or gutting the kitchen. In this house, "projects" include adding a new piece of furniture or painting a room. Nice change, if I do say so! Paul is equally happy with the change (or lack of nagging). So here are a few things that we have done this past month. First, finished (well, not finished) decorating the bedroom. It took me forever to find something that would fit in this "dead space" in our bedroom. I have yet to eat grapes on it. (but looks to me as if it should happen) And I finally ordered, after much persuasion on Michelle's part, a sacred groove picture. LOVE IT!

Second, put some color in Wyatt's "Hawaii" room. Michelle (while enduring braxton-hicks contractions) and Grandma (age 94) came over and we tackled this fun project. One would have to question my choice of help, but to that I say, BEST free help around! HA HA! I'm kidding. We made surf boards and painted the colored stripes on the wall. Michelle had a trick that was AMAZING for the textured walls & tape. We did not have to even touch up paint. We pulled the tape off and PERFECTION! This is exciting because most of our attempts at creativity...let's just say, FAIL. We even made note of that during the process. "Umm, something has got to go wrong, this is not like us, it is all working out." Pleasantly surprised, indeed. Oh and Wyatt really didn't care. Truth be told, wasn't really for him anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so beautiful. I need a bedroom change.....maybe grandma and Michelle could give me a hand;)
    I love Wyatt's room, I want to see more.....post the rest of the house;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is always beautiful! It makes me miss my home back in Utah.. :( You and Michelle and Grandma make a great decorating team. You guys did a great job! Absolutely love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete