Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Back In The Cattle Again



This is the first year we didn't put a crop in the ground and it is a little strange to think that I don't have to worry about the weather anymore. We decided to sell off the farmland and let the leases go back. Our farm life is over. I say this with a sad heart. As a kid, I wanted to marry a farmer because I didn't ever want to ever move again. I loved my life as a farmer's wife and enjoyed all (well, most of) the little things that it included. I wanted my kids to be raised on a farm so they would learn how to work hard, but life didn't work out that way. Too many things made it impossible to keep at it. So here we are... in a neighborhood and actually loving it. We did keep 122 acres. Paul (and Wyatt) worked on the fence and and cattle pens this summer and it is finally ready to put the cows back on. Paul went to the cattle auction and brought back 22 pair to join our bull. It was a good feeling to go out and see that we still had a piece of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment